So I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10; somewhat apprehensively. I was very happy with Windows 7, and so other than no more service packs there was little to entice me.
After discovering the reason why my screen was truncated (AMD Catalyst Controller graphics software) I was relatively happy. I must say it is faster, though I don’t like losing control of when and what it upgrades.
Then I went to use my handy little Microsoft Word tool which automatically date stamps and archives my writing, only to find that it no longer worked.
After a little looking around I discovered that Microsoft had decided I really needed US English to be installed and reset to my default language as part of the upgrade to Windows 10. The Americans, God bless their cotton socks do weird things like Month-Day-Year and this was the cause of the problem.
Partway through planning my angry rant I then realised that this exposed a flaw in my code. So after a little tinkering and some humble pie I have now fixed the code so that it works better, no matter what your date settings are (hopefully).
I find the tool invaluable.
Now, back to actually doing the writing…
I’m still looking for some intrepid fellow authors to work with… Become an Email Sidekick